The truth is that most solar landscape lights do not even come close to the durability and brilliance of a low-voltage LED lighting system. If you are looking for reasons to ditch your solar lights, here are a few:
1. Durability: Low-voltage LED outdoor lighting systems are built to last. With proper installation, they can easily last 10+ years without issue. Solar lights on the other hand are often made with cheaper materials that can degrade quickly when exposed to the elements.
2. Brightness: This is where a low-voltage system really shines (pun intended). The average solar landscape light only emits about 10-15 lumens of light, while a comparable low-voltage LED can emit upwards of 50 lumens. That is a significant difference that will be immediately noticeable to you and your guests.
3. Cost: While solar landscape lights may be cheaper up front, the long-term costs are much higher. Since they don’t last as long and need to be replaced more frequently, the total cost of ownership for solar landscape lights is typically much higher than for low-voltage LEDs.
4. Aesthetics: In most cases, low-voltage LED fixtures look more attractive than solar landscape lights. This is because they are available in a wide variety of styles and designs. Solar landscape lights are often bulky and unsightly.
5. Resale Value: If you ever decide to sell your home, a low-voltage LED outdoor lighting system will increase its resale value. Solar landscape lights will not have the same effect.
If you are thinking about upgrading or improving your landscape lighting, we strongly recommend that you switch to a low-voltage LED outdoor lighting system. These lights offer many benefits over solar landscape lights, including improved performance, aesthetics, safety, and value.
Contact us today to learn more about installing outdoor lighting.